Senior Java Developer
Position type: Permanent
Are you simply looking for a job or the opportunity to pursue your love of software development?
If the latter, read on.
In our world, our developers have the flexibility to work where and when they want to work.Apply here now!
We believe in the maxim “10,000 hours” to become an expert and hope you do too. Here you are after 5+ years developing in Java and you’re only, at best, half way there. More than half the time has been spent doing other stuff – admin, attending meetings, waiting, queuing ….going nowhere instead of doing what you’re passionate about, what gets you up in the morning.
If you had joined Symbiotics 5 years ago, you would be able to call yourself an expert by now.
Is it too late? – No.
Lost time? – Yes, but the exposure you’ll have to so many different projects will help make up for time lost.
Let’s grow together; join our world class team.
Who you are:
- Intent on being the best java developer ever
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Willing and eager to learn and grow
- Believe in building simple, well-tested systems that allow us to iterate quickly
What you will do:
- Serve as a core member of a development team who will, for example, design and develop a system for one of the big four banks in SA
- Write clean, simple, concise and well-tested code
- Mentor intermediate java developers on your team
- 5+ years of professional experience with Java
- Strong experience with JBoss/Wildfly, or another Java application server
- Experience with JUnit, Mockito, Arquillian
- Solid experience with Hibernate, or another ORM library
- Experience with Postgres or another SQL RDBMS
- Experience with software engineering concepts such as concurrency, refactoring, design patterns, TDD etc.
- Proficient at analysing, decomposing and solving problems
- Comfortable with version control systems
What we offer you:
- Career Growth
- Competitive Salary
- Fun Environment
- Good Coffee
- Experience in agile software development processes (preferable scrum)
- Experience with the Linux shell
- Related IT qualification
If you have not yet done so, please read about our hiring and interview process.Apply here now!